We all know how expensive it is to have porcelain vases. Porcelain are white vitrified translucent ceramic that is usually done in China. The material is made by heating the clay-type material into a high temperature. It includes clay form of what we call kaolinite.
There are a lot of ways to do porcelains. However, the most common is the molding strategy.Porcelain is consisting of porcelain clay. The idea is to fire them in a higher temperature than ceramic tiles. The process of Chinese Blue and White Porcelain Mold making is quiete hard. In fact, a lot of molders find it hard to do porcelain.
The molding process together with heating in temperature makes the porcelain even denser, harder, and less porous. Experts also claim that it is less prone to moisture and has stain absorption than others. To give you further details, here are steps to do porcelain:
- Prepare the tool, polish the original mold and fix it to the board.
- Choose the right parting mold line. Pile up the clay under the mold line.
- After fixing the clay, dig holes evenly on the clay to make a latch.
- Brush detergent or soap water evenly on the surface of the mold so that the mold could separate with the silicone rubber mold easily.
- Choose the most suitable silicone according to the original mold size, structure, pattern, and application. Add 2% -5% catalyst into the silicone rubber, stir the mixture evenly and then put the mixture into the vacuum to vacuumize.
- After vacuum pumping, brush the first layer of silicone rubber evenly on the mold.
- Brush the second layer of silicone rubber until the first one is cured. Do this for 15 minutes.
- After brushing the second or the third layer of silicone rubber, cover the gauze when the silicone stop flowing. The gauze can increase the tension and strength of the mold.
- After the silicone cured, the outer mold from gypsum can be made.
- Knife the prepared cardboard well. After that, fix the cardboard around the original mold without any gap. Pour the siliscone rubber which is mixed evenly into the mold.
- Release the mold by removing the cardboard after the outer mold is cured. Release the whole gypsum mold off the silicone mold. After that, check and mend the silicone mold by the scissor and revise the gypsum mold.
- Now, you get the perfect silicone mold. You must put it to production after 24 hours.
These are the steps of making a porcelain vase. The porcelain is made out of clay that has paste-like quality and fired at high temperature. It is first master in China from the year 1300s The process takes lots of time and practice. The main idea of this is to let people understand how delicate porcelain really is. It takes plenty of time and efforts to do these kind of displays because the process is hard and complicated.